Help Howrse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Howrse

A forum to help the players of Howrse

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Few Changes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Megbot
Megbot

Female
Number of posts : 87
Your login on Howrse : Megbot
Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Drawing, Music
Registration date : 2007-08-22

A Few Changes Empty
PostSubject: A Few Changes   A Few Changes Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi all!

We are doing a few changes in the existing features! To make things a bit more tricky and fun, and also because we have had a lot of comments on the subject, we will be removing the abortion feature. Now you have to plan ahead and play safe! This will make the game a bit more challenging and more realistic too! So think twice before accepting a covering offer. We hope you will enjoy the added difficulty level. Thank you all for your help and support in making Howrse progress for the best!

The Howrse Team
Back to top Go down
http://www.m3gb0t.deviantart.com
katana77
katana77

Female
Number of posts : 117
Your login on Howrse : katana77
Hobbies : horse back riding, writing, playing with my pets
Registration date : 2007-08-23

A Few Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Changes   A Few Changes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 12:51 am

How is that more realistic? There are such things as "horse abortions". I don't dispute the change, but it doesn't in any way make the game more realistic.
Back to top Go down
Megbot
Megbot

Female
Number of posts : 87
Your login on Howrse : Megbot
Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Drawing, Music
Registration date : 2007-08-22

A Few Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Changes   A Few Changes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 1:29 pm

I think there were probably some people that got offended because they think that abortion is wrong in all cases...I'm certainly not one of those people, but I respect those that are. I've never even used the abortion feature, so this doesn't really affect me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.m3gb0t.deviantart.com
katana77
katana77

Female
Number of posts : 117
Your login on Howrse : katana77
Hobbies : horse back riding, writing, playing with my pets
Registration date : 2007-08-23

A Few Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Changes   A Few Changes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 1:07 am

I never had a problem with it, and I never used it either (it would be a waste of money), but they didn't have to say they changed it to make the game realistic. I understand how that might be a more mature theme for a lot of the younger kids who played and have absolutly no problem iwht them getting rid of it.
Back to top Go down
Horselov

A Few Changes Empty
PostSubject: Abortion Feature Taken Away   A Few Changes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 8:27 pm

What they mean is that there have been sooo many abortions on Howrse in real life, abortions aren't the best option as on Howrse. What they are trying to make it less of an option because it would not be so easy in real life and there are more problems and more danger to the mare in real life. They're trying to get you to see that, rather than just play easily. This does make it harder because you have to plan ahead now but you should plan ahead if you have a real horse that you want to cover. What they're trying to make you see is: THINK BEFORE YOU COVER YOUR MARE. Maybe, if people plan ahead on Howrse and hardly anyone loses karma points for not being able to pay the vet or not wanting the foal and leaving the vet, then they could entroduce it back again sometime in the future. Although, we won't know for sure if we don't wait and see what happens.
Horselover xx
Back to top Go down
fdg

A Few Changes Empty
PostSubject: bngharh   A Few Changes Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:03 pm

lol! whats aboution?lol!
Back to top Go down

A Few Changes Empty
PostSubject: ftg   A Few Changes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:51 pm

abortion is killing the foal before it is born:cry:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content