Help Howrse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Howrse

A forum to help the players of Howrse

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How exactly do horses get training points?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfprin

How exactly do horses get training points? Empty
PostSubject: How exactly do horses get training points?   How exactly do horses get training points? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 11:43 pm

I was trying to figure it out, and the FAQ on howrse didnt really help me much. Is it just that the training gets higher as the skills gets to a certain point. I just figured I'd ask so I can have a definite answer so I can stop wondering.

-Wolfie
Back to top Go down
katana77
katana77

Female
Number of posts : 117
Your login on Howrse : katana77
Hobbies : horse back riding, writing, playing with my pets
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: How exactly do horses get training points?   How exactly do horses get training points? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 3:15 am

No, training increases by manually training the horse. Skills increase as training increases. To train a horse, click on the words in the training column (i.e. gallopng, jumping, etc.) and select how long you would like to train.
Back to top Go down
wolfprin

PostSubject: Re: How exactly do horses get training points?   How exactly do horses get training points? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:31 pm

I understand that. I have almost 200% skills on one of my horses.

But still absolutely nothing on Training. The one with the orange red stars. How do get that higher?
Back to top Go down
Megbot
Megbot

Female
Number of posts : 87
Your login on Howrse : Megbot
Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Drawing, Music
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: How exactly do horses get training points?   How exactly do horses get training points? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:39 am

The Training progress (the orange stars) gets higher when you train your horse. You do this by clicking the links (dressage, speed, etc.) in the training box and then selecting the duration of the training, just as Katana explained. As you train your horse their skills (the yellow stars) will rise as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.m3gb0t.deviantart.com
wolfprin

PostSubject: Re: How exactly do horses get training points?   How exactly do horses get training points? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 4:38 pm

I dont think we are understanding eachother...

I've trained my horses with trotting, galloping, and jumping.
This is my skills for my horse. And she still has 0% training in everything.

Stamina

Speed

Dressage

Galloping

Trotting

Jumping

Total 118.14

What i dont understand is that horses with lower % skills have training% also how to make the % of the training go up. I know you said the drop down menus when you select either trotting, gallop or on sloping land, but it does nothing for me. I'm sorry for giving you two so much trouble.

Back to top Go down
Megbot
Megbot

Female
Number of posts : 87
Your login on Howrse : Megbot
Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Drawing, Music
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: How exactly do horses get training points?   How exactly do horses get training points? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:19 am

Oh! I understand now. What you are doing is the rides, not the training. When you take your horse on rides, only his/her skills will go up. To complete training you must click a link (speed, dressage, stamina, etc.) in the box with the stars in it (not skills, the other one labeled training) and then select the duration.
Back to top Go down
http://www.m3gb0t.deviantart.com
wolfprin

PostSubject: Re: How exactly do horses get training points?   How exactly do horses get training points? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:28 pm

XD Now i get it, thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How exactly do horses get training points?   How exactly do horses get training points? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How exactly do horses get training points?
Page 1 of 1