Help Howrse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Howrse

A forum to help the players of Howrse

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaoru-sa

questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Empty
PostSubject: questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction   questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 1:17 pm

Hello!!
I am pretty new on the game, and I have a lovely mare!
I am trying to train her the best, but I am still confused!!
if I train her, it's only good for the races, isn't? and she gains some points in skills?
and riding is good for skills? ^^
sou, if I want to prepare her for the best foals, the skills have to be the best, haven't they?
and what is it about the BLUP?
my one is actually minus 11, which is not really good, isn't it?

Okay, I am hoping you can help mee!!!
Just need someone to talk about! ^^

love, tina
Back to top Go down
Megbot
Megbot

Female
Number of posts : 87
Your login on Howrse : Megbot
Hobbies : Writing, Reading, Drawing, Music
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction   questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 3:45 am

if I train her, it's only good for the races, isn't?

Training your mare does help her win races if she has a saddle and bridle, but it is also beneficial in other areas such as breeding and being able to board at prestigeous equestrian centers.

and she gains some points in skills?

Yes, your mare's skills will increase as her training progresses.

and riding is good for skills? ^^

Yes. Short rides will give you speed, and long rides will give you stamina. The longer the ride the more skill points you will receive.

sou, if I want to prepare her for the best foals, the skills have to be the best, haven't they?

Yes, the skills of the parents greatly affects the future skills and potential of the foal. The best possible offspring would have parents that both have a 100 BLUP.

what is it about the BLUP? my one is actually minus 11, which is not really good, isn't it?

A good BLUP is positive. With training your mare's BLUP will rise and definitely be positive once the training is complete.

Hope that helps. Razz
`Meg
Back to top Go down
http://www.m3gb0t.deviantart.com
Howrse :

PostSubject: Help x   questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:36 pm

My Mares BLUP Is 54.78, Is This Good?

And What Does A BLUP Do Like What Is It For Smile

x:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction   questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:04 pm

A BLUP of 54.78 is not bad... but I still wouldn't reccommend breeding her yet.

BLUP controls how good a foal is when it is born- its genetic potential and its inborn skills. A foal born from parents with a high BLUP will be better than a foal born to parents with a lower BLUP. BLUP is maxed out at 100 points.

To get 100 BLUP, your horse must win 20 competitions and be completely done training its three best skills. You can tell when your horse's training is complete when the numbers are in bold.

Hope this helped!
Back to top Go down
Colorlov

PostSubject: Help   questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:55 am

Will some1 help me?......?=where do i finds my blup
Back to top Go down
horses07

PostSubject: blup   questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:14 pm

I have a fully trained howrse with 53 BLUP. How do i get 100BLUP with a fully trained horse. He keeps coming 4th or 5th in every competition...HELPquestions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
EmmaxJan

PostSubject: Re: questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction   questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:19 am

questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_biggrin To find your BLUP, go onto your horse's page and click the genetics tab. Scroll down and you will see your BLUP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction   questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

questions about skills, blup, breeding, reproduction
Page 1 of 1